The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated (NPHC) is currently composed of nine (9) international greek letter fraternities and sororities. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions. On May 10th, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington D.C., the National Pan-Hellenic Council was formed as a permanent organization.
Purpose & Mission
The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” Early in 1937, the organization was incorprated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as “The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated.”